Last Minute Memorial Day Party Recipes
Posted on May 27 2019
Happy Memorial Day to everyone in the United States! For those of our subscribers who are international, today's blog post works just fine as healthy recipes to take to summer parties this year.
Memorial Day is a great opportunity to get together with loved ones and take a moment to appreciate those who have made the ultimate sacrifice to maintain our freedom. If you're lucky enough to be invited to a party, you should never go empty handed!
If you're super last second like myself, here are some quick and easy recipes to take with you that are also super healthy!
3. Mango & Jalapeno Guacamole
Bringing store-bought crap guac to a party is cheesy and unthoughtful. Take 10 minutes to spice up the usual guacamole recipe and be the dish that stands out!
- 3 ripe Haas avocados, sliced in half, pit removed and scooped from peel
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- most of a jalapeño, seeds removed and finely diced
- juice of 3 limes
- small handful coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced, ripe mango
- salt and pepper
- splash of tequila (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mash together avocado, onion, jalapeño, and lime juice. Leave the avocado mixture as chunky as you’d like.
- Stir in cilantro, mango, salt and pepper, and tequila (if using). Taste and adjust seasoning as you’d like. Maybe you’d like to add more lime, salt, or pepper.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Fruit Sparklers
This is probably the easiest, fastest, and cutest option on this list; 3 ingredients, almost no prep.
Just grab 1 ripe watermelon, 1 box of fresh blueberries, and bamboo skewers.
Cut the watermelon into star-shapes using a cookie cutter, and skewer them to create an adorable snack that is extremely patriotic!
1. Patriotic Oreos
Again, super easy to make and definitley a crowd pleaser. Although this one may not exactly be healthy, it will go fast & is certainly memorable and patriotic.
Just like our Fruit Sparklers, it only takes 3 ingredients: A box of oreos, a bag of white chocolate, and a box of red white & blue sprinkles.
Melt the chocolate in a pot over the oven, dip the oreos in the chocolate, drizzle the sprinkles on, and let them dry.
Insanely easy & patriotic!
Thanks for stopping in, hopefully I saved some of you from losing hair! I know I'm always rushed and looking for an easy way out of social expectations.
Have a great Memorial Day!